We offer one-week work experience placements at certain points throughout the academic year for students age 14 -18.
Summer 2020 - One week placement
To give students a full understanding of how a theatre is run they will spend time learning about and working in each department as well as getting an opportunity to see the show.
|WEDNESDAY||Stage Door||Box Office|
|THURSDAY||Programming||Front of House|
Summer 2020 - Oral history work experience placement
The Theatre is currently running a project funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund to catalogue, preserve and share the Theatre’s archive. As part of this project we are collecting oral histories to capture the memories of the wide variety of people who have been involved with the Theatre over the years. Actors, directors, producers, writers, tech, costume, make-up, audience and community members, we are hoping for the broadest possible range of voices.
In July 2020 there is an opportunity for students aged 16+ to take part in this project as part of their work experience placement.
The placement will include:
• An introduction to the Theatre and a backstage tour
• Training in oral history recording
• Researching the history of the Theatre and designated interviewee(s)
• Undertaking an oral history interview
• Processing the interview, editing and making a summary
• Writing about the experience for the Theatre’s website, blog and/or social media channels
We are now accepting applications for Work Experience in Summer 2020.
How to apply
We have a 2-step application process:
- Please email us...
- Your CV, with a covering letter outlining why you would like to do your placement at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- What you have to offer the theatre
- Which type of placement you would be interested in (standard week or Oral History placement) and what you hope to gain from the placement
- The preferred dates you would like to work
- You will be invited to attend a short informal interview.
Deadline for all applications is Friday 28 February, 5pm.
- Prior to applying and attending the interview do some research on Cambridge Arts Theatre.
- Work experience placements are extremely competitive so we recommend applying at least 6 months prior to your preferred dates.