This page provides information on what the Arts Theatre can offer schools, from how to book tickets, to teacher forums and additional resources.
Key benefits of bringing your students to the theatre:
• Live performances of plays and literary adaptations strengthen students understanding and ability to write confidently about a subject
• Build social confidence– bringing children and young people into spaces makes new environments accessible to them
• Productions, such as our pantomime, can inspire cross-curriculum learning
• Experiencing live performances in a group creates a shared experience, nurturing feelings of inclusion, which can improve children and young people’s social skills and self-confidence.
Many productions have a verity of resources available which can help extend and deepen students experience of theatre. These include resource packs which often contextualize information, related activities and interviews with the cast and company, workshops, online learning areas and pre and post-show talks.
For more information, please contact Victoria Willingale on 01223 578912.
We are always keen to hear from teachers and see how we can help with theatre-school engagement. To facilitate this we host teacher forums, to enable teachers from across the county to meet and learn about the theatre in an informal environment.
The forums are based on a particular subject (we welcome suggestions) and are usually held in the early evening and can be followed by watching a show.
If you would like make a suggestion or would like further information on upcoming forums, please contact Victoria Willingale on 01223 578912.
4 step guide to booking a school party
- Call or email Victoria Willingale who will make a reservation for the performance you wish to attend (advising on price, availability, transport and resources)
- We will hold the reservation for one month (if the show is within a month the reservation period can be negotiated) to give you time to send out letters and receive responses
- Call or email Victoria Willingale with the confirmed number of student and teacher tickets
- Arrange payment – which can be made via credit card, cheque or invoice
To discuss your booking contact Victoria Willingale (Marketing and Education Officer)